Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, February 22, 2016

The Power of a Smile

Two weeks ago we recieved a reference from a member in the USA, she wanted us to visit her dad here, so we went. His name is Ronald. He is 83 years old. He was adventista for 30 years but stopped going 6 months ago because he accepted the church was missing spiritual things. He still teaches bible classes and is the author of three books.

We talked about the Book of Mormon and read 3 Nephi 11 with him, he is SO humble and SMART, when he smiles It makes me happy because he is such a happy old man. 

Yesterday he came to church! By himself, he walked in with his same big smile and I told him, I am the happiest person in the world because you came! You laughed and said, ¨I am happy too so don´t think you´re the only happy man here.¨ 83 years old and accepting the gospel. Genial.

Freya is doing great, We wanted to get to know her parents but well, sometimes the daddy doesn´t want to talk to the two boys who are trying to baptize his daughter. Nonetheless she continues to read, and when she prays I can´t even explain it.

Have you ever been with someone as they pray to god for the FIRST time? and they just PLEAD for him? There is nothing in my mission I love more than that.I have never felt the spirit in a way as I do when she prays, I can´t help but smile. Yesterday at church we introducced her to Ronald, and he gave her the same smile he gave me, and it just hit me! Whether you are 83 or 18 the gospel works! It works as long as your heart is willing. Later Freya asked how we meant Ronald, I expained it was a lot like how we found her. This girl is converted.

So I have to say, that I know the gospel can work for you. All my mission I have wondered if the gospel would work for some people I know, and sometimes I doubted, but now I know. It works for everyone.

I have sweet pictures, but this computer doesn´t want to work with me.
Have a great week!
Do good things.
I love you all

1 comment:

  1. You are SO right! This True Gospel works for everyone! My prayer is that those I love will always know that and feed their Spirits with Gospel truths instead of worldly things. You are truly doing the Lord's work and we love you for that:) Keep on keeping on. Sister Maynes

    ReplyDelete