Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, October 19, 2015

Cold water to hot water in 2 seconds. HOw?

This week was solid. it was really great. Our area is looking up. Peru is I think the number 1 or close to progressing counties in South America, and I was thinking to myself...How? practically every ward in disfunctioning. Then I realized, this is the truth, if it wasn't the truth, there would be no progress. But since it is, that's all you need. For example.

Flor was baptized Saturday, we were left to clean and prepare the font, prepare the service, and pretty much do everything, it frustrated me. The lack of support left me wondering, how did Flor even get to this point? Then I started to look back on the past 2 months. Here in Peru, for someone to be baptized they need six lessons, and 3 asistencias. My last companion left when we had taught Flor 2 of the 6. She lives in the most dangerous part of my area, can only do visits at 8, and I was without a companion... Somehow, I don't know how, I taught her all the lessons, including the basic commanments we have, she read the Book of mormon, and recieved her answer, and chose to be baptized. As I sat at the baptism service it hit me. God does NOT let his children go. He will support them, and he will send his servents to serve them.

Realizing that, I stepped into the water, freezing, like normal. then, the spirit came, and I not lying, everything got hot. She was baptized and then I asked, "Did the water just get hot?" She responded, Yes. My whole body continued to be on fire for like a hour.
 From the first contact to the baptismal font. The church is true, and the lord will not wait or stop his work. So you have an option, be apart of it, and feal the spirit fill your body, or choose to stay home, or to go do something else. I testify that there is no better joy than helping others change their eternal salvación.

I'll end with this.
"You can tell, but never teach. Until you practice, what you preach."
John. W. Boswell II ;)

I'm going to try and do pictures.. Let's see if it works.
1. The two new guys :) 
2. We All have scars on our arms? Can you guess which is mine? :)
3. No package goes unloved here in the arms of Elder smith
4. Coconuts are really cheap and tasty
5. Koolaid!
6. There I was, sitting peacfully, then Elder Wilding thought it would be funny to rip my top of my back, and well it stayed. haha so he took a picture.
7. I like baptisms.
8. I love each and every one of you. I am a very blessed Elder
9. Temple, going there again next tuesday, so I will email next week Tuesday morning. I love it all! I have too many pictures to send, so enjoy these :)
 

  

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment