Home! :)

Home! :)

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"White Picket Fence"

Well, I didn't get transferred! Elder Clyde did though.... It was hard to see him go, really, really hard. I remember about two weeks ago, at 11:30 at night we couldn't sleep because his companion was listening to music with the light on, so after 45 minutes of trying to sleep we began to talk. He said something I will never forget, "You know what has been the best thing of these past two transfers? Making a life long friend" It is true, I'm going to miss that little cowboy from Heber, but I'll see him on the place and much after, so life goes on!

A new Latino came in and I now live in a room with Four Latinos! When I was talking to a recently returned missionary in my ward he laughed and said, "3 latinos and 1 gringo? Now your president is just bullying you!" It was funny. The only person I speak English to now is our First Counselor in the Bishopric, Julio Meza, more on him later.

With Elder Clyde leaving, I now have to teach English in our zone. Now there's a quote I like that says this, "A man doesn't know his language until he has learned a foreign one" That is VERY true. But a man really, really doesn't know his language until he tries to TEACH 13 latinos who don't speak your language! Luckily, I had very good English teachers, who now would be so proud of me. haha

Other than that, we just started a new transfer together. To get your teeth cleaned down here it's only 50 soles, which is like 20 bucks. with floride! I'm going next week. haha. My companion has quite the list of things to do.

Anyway! Julio just called me and we have a family night with him tomorrow! But I just wasted like 10 minutes so That's all I have to say this week. Julio is seriously one of the best members here in Peru. His wife is the Relief society president and yesterday in Ward council I asked her about a less active she lives next too, Julio got up and walked over to me and said, "Don't beat my wife up or I'll be you up" It was really funny.

The good news is, after a year of using my usb and camera, they both have 300 viruses so that's... That's great. Con fe no mas!

Have a great week!
24 of July, you lucky, lucky Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment