Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, April 27, 2015

Roller coaster favorite ride...

Portales, Vitarte, Lima, Peru. I got transferred. My new man is named Elder Soto. He is from Bolivia. 21 years old, and has just over 1 year in the mission. He is humble, and smart, we are going to destroy the place together. My new zone is called Vitarte, and we live with two other elders. One being from my group, from my district in the MTC. Elder Clyde. I was more than thrilled to hear I would be listening to my long lost friend again.

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster, on Tuesday I learned that my favorite members from my first area, my first rescue had been attacked. While holding his precious 9 month old girl, three people, tazer and bats in had attacked him and his 90 year old dad. His dad is rich, and they wanted his money. 

Thursday I received a letter from my sister, who inside had an announcement card, that in October, there will be 14 grand-kids in my family, later that day we visited a mom with three daughters, one daughter has a baby, the husband is gone, they don't have work, and the mom is more than discouraged. We taught a powerful lesson, and as we laid our hands on the moms head and gave her a blessing, the importance of families has never hit me harder. Throughout the week I couldn't get it out of my head. 

A lot has happened, and my emotions have been all over the place, overall at peace, but I'm coming up blank what else I was going to say. Overall, hug your family. Cherish them, and help them. Ya aint gettin eternal life without them so you might as well go ahead and do all you can. Have a good week, I love and miss all of you. 

1. The last supper 
2. We played a lot of monopoly
3. The butt doe
4. The new man. I'm just knocking out countries of companions.
5. We are the best types of friends
6. He didn't know I was telling Elder Clyde what cards he had.. haha
7. Welcome to the third world country part of Lima
8. My new area
9. But even in the ugliest of places, you can find beautiful things
10. Elder Clydes new companion wanted to be in my picture of our study room.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment