Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, January 12, 2015



This week was possibly the fastest and smoothest week I've had here. We've been pretty busy. I'll try and explain it without boring you to death. :)

I want to talk about a few people. First Carlos and Rosa. In the past 5 months they went from less actives, they were my first rescue. SO many trails, problems, bums, doubts, and fears. This week they set their marriage date. Feb 14th at 7pm. (Cheesy I know) But depending on the bishop, they're going to the temple. To be sealed together. I can't express my joy. Last night they explained how thankful they were for me, and that caught me off guard because man I'm just Daniel. I said the spirit must have done some work because I really am just a 19 year old boy. It was a funny experience I'll remember forever.

Other person is Karla. When we met her two months ago she was a bit of a wreck. Her boyfriend left her and her daughter, she moved in with her mom, she was hopeless. I can't explain how much she's changed. I think she was the first person to actually read the pamphlet we gave her. She's Rosa's friend so her and Carlos have been there for every lesson. She's going to be baptized the 24th. Last night she said she wanted me to baptize her, that too caught me off guard. haha I told her, "Listen, if you're Elder Smith's first baptism, and you ever go less or inactive, I don't care where I live or how poor I am, I'll come back here and kill you." She laughed, then I said I'm not kidding. It was pretty funny, and so I guess I'm dunking her. 

I have a lot more to say, but maybe you'll just have to talk to me when I'm home :) And I got things to do today, and people to email! I hope you have a good week, and for HEAVENS SAKE if you have a questions, concerns, doubts, or anything Read the Book Of Mormon!.

Now SOMEBODY PLEASE.. tell me who has more members of the church, Utah or California. 

Quote of the week
"You really are the bearer of good news!" 
----A old friend who wrote that in my idea journal.

Here's another because I'm feeling generous. It's a classic.
"We might not have it all together, but together we have it all!"
That's me and Jesus. :)

Pictures! I'm sorry.. I messed up this week man..
1. Elder Frazier bought this and said, "This will last me the rest of my mission" As I was brushing my teeth looking at it, I thought, "Why do we all write in each others journals, it's like a yearbook, something we'll never read again". So I grabbed his shave cream, knowing he'll use it everyday and wrote a note on it. :) Now he'll read inspiring words every morning! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment