Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, January 19, 2015

Do you have time, to listen to me awhile


Don't have much to say this week. Taught some lessons. Karla is getting baptized this Friday. She's so ready. Yovana's "husband" thinks he's going to baptize their son in March when he turns 8. Yeah right. We put another guy on date named Fidel. He's cool, he lived in the U.S. for 15 years, he has a strong Christian background so he knows a lot, he asked the most dreadful question when we talked about baptism, "So was my last baptism not valid?" Not a fan of that. Good thing we have god on our side :)

This week.. You know. It was a bit rough mentally. At times I feel like Jim Carry in "The Mask" when he's trying to take the mask off, and it's almost impossible. My companion wants me to trust him with everything, and talk all the time. And me, well.. I don't like trusting people. He's a great guy, but I’ve only known him for 3 months, and he wants my life story! I don't know, sometimes It's hard to take off the mask.

Other than that another day another soul. Reading the Book of Mormon. Preachin the gospel, trying to have a change of heart. After almost four and a half months here, nothing new really happens. I'll tell you a quick story because I don't have anything else to say.

There's a drunk guy who always walks around, the first time I met him he did the classic, "Wassup man! Where you from?!" In English, I said Utah. then he grabbed me, and that made me furious in a heartbeat. He shook my hand and said, "I'm from Texas, I have a question...Do you love what you're doing?" I stared deep into his eyes for just a moment, and saw the helplessness in him. I lightly responded, "Of course!" He said good, I gave him a picture of Jesus and that was it.

I've talked to him two times since. The second he expressed his depression, Alcohol on his breath, I told him to go to church, the third time I asked how he was doing. He was high as a kite and said, "I'm doing better man, thanks"

That story doesn't have a good ending. It's sad. I just think of his eyes. People need help. We all have our problems. The difference is some have the light of Christ, others continue to walk in darkness. Question is, what do you have?

Now....SOMEBODY PLEASE .tell me your favorite scripture and why.

Quote of the week
"It is better to light a single candle than to sit and curse the darkness"

Pictures
1. I like pizza. a lot.
2. I was Elder Frazier :) He was Elder Smith, but he didn't know. hehe
3. Impatient New missionary.
4. Patience man, it changes things.
5. I like to write in peoples journals

6. The life of a missionary....I need 25 lessons every week so instead of dinner I'm going to get another lesson in. I'll eat in my room after planning, I'm dehydrated but we're out of filtered water so you drink the coke that luckily a member gave you because you wrote on her menu board because she has bad handwriting, and well you write decently. haha man... Some days.







No comments:

Post a Comment