Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, December 29, 2014

Wow


What a week! Number wise. Crap. at the beginning of the month we had 4 people with dates. One left Lima, One decided the church wasn't true, one won't read, and doesn't think we're serious. But one! Karla! She's doing great. She's 25 with a 5 year old girl. Hopefully she'll keep progressing.

I have a lot to say, but instead I want to talk about one beautiful word. Believe. As I was watching Polar express Christmas afternoon, the deep symbolism of the movie hit me.

To be honest, I really don't think I've changed much since I've been here, (Or so I thought) Everyday I pray and plead for patience, love, faith, hope, and charity, and it's frustrating because well... I'm not patient. I don't LOVE the people, or have much faith in many of them. When I was watching polar express. I realized I was missing a crucial word. Believe. Believe I'll grow to be all those things.

Then last night, I was lying in my bed and I realized where I was exactly 2 years ago.. I was lying in a cinderblock cell. I was in detention.  I remember it all so clearly. Wow... I have changed SO much in two years. I hadn't even read the Book Of Mormon a year ago. So now. Now I believe. I'll obtain those attributes I need to succeed as a missionary, and as a person.

I believe it'll take time. This kind of change is permanent. I'm not frustrated because of my weakness. I believe in the atonement. Continuous progress, through the continuous atonement. Wow. I'm so blessed. and happy. I hope we all will believe, believe in ourselves, as well as others. Then we can hear the sweet jingle, of that silver bell.

I love you all, be safe. Be smart. Pray Always. Enjoy the holidays. Believe.

Now... SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me what your favorite present this year was and why

Quote of the week
"Good decisions don't make life easy, but they do make it easier"

Christmas pictures!
1. At our Christmas party with other zones
2. President Boswell is a little taller than me...
3. We finally took a good picture together! Elder Meik, Elder Lebaron
4. "The three amigos" Remember? MTC brothers for life. :)
5. It's no Salt Lake, but it has it's own special feel
6. I've grown to love my little man. Elder Aspajo
7. That's a turkey, and the mom who made us Christmas eve Dinner!
8. I went on to have about five more plates.
9. Planeton and hot chocolate.
10. She even gave us presents :)
11. Merry Christmas....
12. Haha yeah.
13. We like cookies
14. Elder Frazier lives with me, and well. He speaks better Spanish than people here. I love the man
15. Merry Christmas My friends :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment