Home! :)

Home! :)

Monday, October 13, 2014

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Hey there guys,

I´m going to tell you about a week in Peru, but first I need something from you! If any of you know, please send me the emails of these people.

Jason Anderson. Tai Justice. Bailey Faimaloa. Brother Esplin. Ben Doria. Jon Doria. Thanks!

So I´m only 2 months in and i´m already running out of things to say.. haha, A lot of stuff is happening, but it´s hard to explain in an email! make no mistake, lives are changing! but yeah, so I have two stories for you!

This first is funny. Me and Elder Allasia were in a lesson talking about the word of wisdom. At the end I bore testimony and explained how hard it was for me to stop drinking tea, but why I stopped, and how I was blessed. Once we left Elder Allasia asked, "You had a problem with the word of wisdom?" I laughed and said, "The Word of Wisdom was on a list of about 50 problems" He laughed and said, "You are very different from all my companions because you are the only one who was as bad as me, if not worse before the mission" He then Explained his life before. It was really funny

The 2nd is me realizing how blessed and lucky I am. So this week a president assistant companionship come to me and Elder Allasia. President Assistants are like the major leagues in missionaries. They told us we’re going on splits for the day. I was with Elder Calle. Latino. Haha I was alone with a only Spanish speaking missionary, in an area he didn´t know, with three lessons to teach with people he´s never meant! It´s safe to say... I was freaked out. During the lessons, I realized, he knows some things. I got us lost once, but it was a really successful day. 

At the end we were talking and he was asking some pretty sensitive questions, but I trusted him. He asked very specifically how I was doing. My testimony, feelings, doubts, companion, area, family, home, health, everything. As I was answering I realized I only have 1 legit problem. and that´s spanish. Elder Wallace has been sick a lot here. One Elders mom just died, some don´t have the energy, and others don´t know why they´re here.

Then there´s me. haha Healthy, Happy missionary from a small town. My family is healthy and happy. I´ve yet to get sick. There are emails in my Inbox. I can´t describe the feeling of gratitude I had that night, and now. How the savior has blessed my life, and the atonement has carried me. Without him, I wouldn´t be in Peru! Without him I don´t know what I would have. Jesus is my friend, brother, and savior. God´s strength is unmatchable.

I guess you could say, all those years of wearing Lucky Brand Jeans paid off :) Haha I am one Lucky guy.

Have a good week. Play a little. Pray More. Love the Most.

Quote of the week...
"The biggest failure is giving up what you want most, for what you want now."

1. Me And Elder Wallace eating great food last P day.
2. Great Juice?
3. We buy Matching stuff! Haha yeah.
4. My Area is small, but trust me... It´s not easy to remember stuff
5. Verbs are my best friend...
6. We had a sleepover. haha
7. Different
8. NO!! I only have one bottle Left! and I can´t new bottles here anywhere! The only use Colgate, and I honestly don´t know if using colgate, or not brushing my teeth is worse.
9. This is getting outta hand... haha

10. They Call me Organized Oliver ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment