Home! :)

Home! :)

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I don't know subjects...

All throughout my mission I've always been more interested in The plan of salvation more than the restoration. I've always taught the restoration first, but always studied the plan of salvation more. They always came to me as two different subjects, not related. And I liked learning more about where I'm going, more than what happened to the priesthood after Peter.

I was reading this week, and it hit me that the two subjects are so closely related. The plan of salvation wouldn't exist without the priesthood, and the priesthood wouldn't matter if we didn't have the plan of salvation. Basically, to understand the temple, you need to understand both of them. I love how the gospel is organized, and how everything compliments each other.

This week was hard, Set visits were falling faster then flies. Knocking on doors went from them slamming in our face, to not even opening the door, to eventually not even getting up from watching tv. By Sunday I was exhausted. At 7 last night we had a visit with a 20 year old guy, named Miguel and his 19 year old girlfriend, Rosario. She's a member, active, he's not a member. We were on divisions so I was with a member. It was weird. Then Rosarios family came in. Her sister, mom, and grandmother. haha I tried to put myself in Miguels shoes. I wanted to focus on him, but I didn't want to make him more uncomfortable than he obviously was. I turned it into a family night. It was good, I set a visit with him for tonight and I left. Then something amazing happened.

He came out and ran up to me, and he began to cry. Maybe he thought I was a therapist? But poured out his life to me in the street at 8pm. He explained he wanted to do anything to make his girlfriend happy, they wanted to get married, after 2 and a half years, yeah with reason. Usually I would have laughed, but I realized they've peruvian, 20, not living together, and don't have children....So I listened! He said, "Rosario always talks about getting married in the temple, but I don't know what that is. I want to do it, but don't know how. Will you teach me?" Whether he's doing it for her or not, I don't know. But god wants him nonetheless. I invited him to be baptized, and he accepted. 

That's when it hit me. The restoration has everything to do with the plan of salvation. A lost 20 year old asked, and god answered. With these two doctrines we have in the church. His life will never be the same.

That made up for the whole week of disappointments. haha. 

Oh. I interviewed a 87 year old who got baptized this Saturday. it was awesome. Because he as well, only knowing the basics, has no idea the good he did for himself.
We were also ready to give him the holy ghost in case he went into shock because of the water ;)

Love you all
I don't have time to put pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment